Meeting Minutes of June 2, 2012
Meeting Minutes › Meeting Minutes of June 2, 2012
June 3, 2012 at 12:00 pm #1216Russell AlbrightKeymaster
A welcome was given by Santa Dennis Simpson
The meal was blessed by Santa Ron Kearns.
Santa Oath was lead by Santa Trever Waltos.
Forty-one Santas, Mrs. Clauses, and guests were present. Introductions of new attendees were made.
• Santa Larry Gaub, Elma. KOMO TV has filmed his lighting display. His Email Vimeo.com/1806260.
• Santa Pat and Roxanne Costello, Burien.
• Santa Don and Sherry Davis, Beaverton Oregon ,Santa’s Pack
• Santa John Nielsen, Burien
• Santa Rob and Diane Figley, Vancouver, Santa’s Pack, FORBS President
• Jackie Noble, Fresno, California, Central California Ambassadors
May minutes were corrected. The treasury has $100 from the 50-50.
Treasurer’s Report was given by Santa Dennis Gorley. As of June 2 we have 28 paid NORPAC Members.
The NORPAC account has $105.07 in Savings and $589.27 in Checking.
Upcoming Santa Gatherings
• 2014 nationwide FORBS January meeting will be in Tampa, Florida.
• 2013 Regional FORBS will be held last weekend in January
• Santa Pac will meet June 10th, 2012 in Newport Bay
• If sent the information, Diane Figley will post our various meeting notices on the Santa Pac website.
• August 4
We will meet at Dennis and Michele Simpson’s home 1762 Vista Rama DR E
Port Orchard, WA 98366-8352. Bring the meat of your choice and a potluck dish to share as well as warm coats. We are welcome to tour Michele’s” Nurse Museum from a Child’s Perspective”.
• November 1-3
Great Wolfe Lodge
National Disaster Relief for Children with Santa America
It is now 501C certified and the coordinator is Santa Bob Elkin. Those who participate must be Hospice trained, which will also include a TB test, flu shot and a background check. Santa Dennis asked for a report on those Santas who are now hospice trained.
Ira Finklestein’s Christmas
This is a new movie that is appearing at the Seattle International Film Festival. It has many actors from the Pacific Northwest and is filmed in west Seattle and Leavenworth. Those Norpac Santas who would like to view the film at SIFF will meet in the front of the Pacific Place Theater lobby. Dress will be Santa Casual
Rob Figley reported on the national FORBS meeting. It is a small organization with fewer than 300 members, which has grown in five years to an International organization with over 900 members. One reason for the growth is the best liability insurance policy at the best cost ($179). 750 policies were sold last year. FORBS will also run national background checks, if needed for a job. Rob needs a local FORBS member to become a regional contact. They will meet once a month by internet. We can have our dates for special events, such as our Great Wolf Lodge retreat, put on the national website. Our contact will be Diane Figley.
Great Wolf Lodge retreat will be November 1-3. A survey about housing for the Lodge was handed out. This year the rooms will cost $10 more per night. It is also planned that we will stay Saturday night leaving Sunday. The cost in 2013 will be the same. To guarantee this, we need to lock in the date and number of rooms. As there is another meeting going on we will be in smaller meeting rooms. If enough rooms are rented, we will have a free hospitality suite. If 2013 is locked in, we will return to the larger meeting rooms. The workshops will be held one at a time, so that all will be able to attend. This will allow more talk and round table time. Libby Carr will organize a possible Saturday evening flash mob. As soon as the surveys are returned with the number of rooms needed, Santa Dennis will sign the contract. Dennis will send out the room information with our group code. We only need to pay for the first night up front. The midday meal plus Santa’s favorite milk and cookies will be included in the registration fee. There will be no vendor fees. It is hoped that we will have as many vendors as possible.
• Libby Carr has burgundy zipper binders for $10.
• Santa Paul Carr’s book, Magical Sleigh Ride, is in the beginning stage of being made into a children’s play and musical.
• Santa Trever asked that all paid members send pictures and a brief write up for our website. Santa Trever was thanked for his great updated website work.
• Jackie Noble has been sewing for Santas for 3 years. She demonstrated a large number of wardrobe items, with quite a few being bought on the spot. She also had a number of interested Santas that wish to get custom made items. Her business is Santa Clothes , Jackie Noble tailoring & alterations (559)287-0897, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Membership forms and dues should be sent to Santa Dennis Gorley, 18221 NE 176th Street, Woodinville WA 98072
There being no further business the 50-50 was held. $118 of tickets were sold. Co-chairman Dennis Simpson’s number was drawn. He graciously declined the prize as he had won at the last meeting. Scott Schmittler was the happy $59 recipient.
Karen Hayes Recording Secretary
- The forum ‘Meeting Minutes’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Meeting Minutes › Meeting Minutes of June 2, 2012