Greetings. Dennis S. called the meeting to order at 12:25 PM and greeted everyone attending. A total of 30 people were present including 20 Santas and 10 Mrs. Clauses.
Meal Blessing was given by Gene.
Santa Oath & Mrs. Claus Oath were led by Trever Waltos and Tracey Galland respectively.
Introduction. Wayne “Santa Buzz” Jones has joined NORPAC and he introduced himself. Welcome to Wayne!
Minutes recorded for the NORPAC meetings of Apr. 2, 2016 (Exec. Board mtg. & General Membership mtg.) have been posted on the NORPAC website for the last several weeks. These were approved as written. Dale encouraged members to review the minutes posted on line periodically, especially if they may be looking for contact info. on topics discussed.
Treasurer’s Report. Dennis G. reported that as of 6-2-16, YTD Revenue is $2,774.72 and YTD Expenditures are $1,591.12. We have 45 members in good standing with background checks on file. Dennis further reported that 44 tickets have been sold for the Rainiers baseball game on July 31st and he can get more if needed. The ticket price of $12.50 includes admission, a hotdog, and a bottle of water. Dennis also reported our bank balance, again as of 6-2-16, of $3,534.38 including $430.80 in Savings, $3,103.58 in Checking, and $50.00 in Petty Cash. Contact Dennis with any questions about his report or NORPAC’s finances.
Reports & Announcement:
1. Upcoming Santa Gatherings “Discover Santa 2016,” July 6-9
Dennis S. asked that those attending e-mail him the name of their hotel and cell phone number to facilitate contact.
Tacoma Rainiers’ Game, July 31st
7th Annual Northwest Santa Conference, Nov. 3-5
Great Wolf Lodge, Grand Mound, WA
2. Sleigh Update. Randy shared that much work remains to be done and he’ll be sending an e-mail to those of us who volunteered to be contacted. If you can help, please let Randy know at email@example.com.
3. News from IBRBS. Gene reported that the International Brotherhood of Real Bearded Santas (IBRBS) has recently voted to extend full membership to the Mrs. Clauses who would like to belong to that organization.
4. Clothing Possibilities. Ron shared a catalog he’s received which contains a variety of larger sized apparel items in which some of our members may be interested. That website is: http://www.KingSizeDirect.com. Dennis S. also showed us a handsome new suit he’s recently purchased at LeRoy Menswear in Seattle. This store is at 204 Pike St, Seattle 98101 and the website is: http://www.leroymenswear.com.
5. Barbara Colburn of Mary Bridge Hospital’s “Festival of Trees” fund raiser will be our guest at our August meeting.
6. Mt. Rainier Scenic Railroad. Discussion took place about new owners having taken over this venue and their plans to convert it to a “Polar Express” experience for children and their families. We believe they may still be looking for a few Santas to fill out their upcoming schedule.
7. Christmas in July. George Nerpel reported that his recent “Christmas in July” event went well and he showed us the straw hat with decorative lei that he wore for that. George thanked those who had provided ideas to him for making that a successful event.
50/50 drawing. Dennis G. reported that $142 had been collected. Dennis Simpson had the winning ticket and collected $71.00.
Adjournment at 1:20 PM.
Next Meeting: 12:00 noon on Aug. 6, 2016 @ the home of Ernie & Ginny Walker
8 Creekwood Ln SW
Lakewood, WA 98499
Dale Scott, Secretary
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The forum ‘Meeting Minutes’ is closed to new topics and replies.