NORPAC’s Executive Board met on June 25th at the Brown Bear Diner in Federal Way. Attending were Santas Randy Cook, Jerry Galland, Dennis Gorley, Gene Sanders, Dale Scott, and Trever Waltos. The meeting began at 6:30 PM.
Rainiers Tickets Update. Dennis shared that NORPAC has purchased 25 tickets for the Tacoma Rainiers baseball game on July 22nd. Nine tickets remain to be sold. It was agreed that we’ll send out a reminder offering these for purchase by our members and, if any tickets remain unsold after that, we’ll donate them to a family or two waiting to buy tickets at the game that day.
Santa School Scholarships. Because the recent workshop by Santa True generated funds in excess of expenses, we have unanticipated money in our treasury at this point. After discussion, it was agreed by consensus that NORPAC will offer a pair of $250 scholarships to two NORPAC members to enable them to attend the upcoming Santa workshop at the Great Wolf Lodge. The $250 will cover the registration fee and most of the cost for a nights lodging at the GWL on Oct. 5th. Jerry and Dale volunteered to serve as the “scholarship committee” and will develop application guidelines in the next couple days. This information will be shared electronically with our members and will be verbally mentioned at the NORPAC’s next general meeting on Aug. 4th.
9th Annual Northwest Santa Workshop.
Discussion occurred regarding tentative topics/presentations for the workshop scheduled for Oct. 4-6 at the Great Wolf Lodge.
• Trever has arranged for a 90-minute presentation by Santa Johnathan Burton, host of The Professional Santa podcast. Johnathan will be the workshop’s main speaker on Saturday, Oct. 6th.
• Another 90-min. presentation will feature Trever and Jessica Kringle sharing information about NORPAC’s website and basic social media marketing.
• Kirby Taylor has agreed to present a 90-min. session on vocal training.
• Another possible topic will be videotaping of a mock home visit with follow-up discussion.
• Dale is exploring another possible presentation on the topic of stage presence and movement.
By eliminating the group pool time/photo op on Friday, the tentative workshop time will be 9AM-5PM that day. On Saturday, the workshop will likely be from 9AM-3PM, followed by the Santa parade. We also agreed to again do the ornament exchange, and to use the same raffle format for gift baskets for the 50/50 drawing.
Trever adjourned the meeting at 8:35PM.
Dale Scott, Secretary
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
The forum ‘Meeting Minutes’ is closed to new topics and replies.